I've only popped onto a few of the links to verify they exist. I found one that wasn't working (went to a page that no longer existed on CNN) but the others I checked worked. Also, I have no idea whether the numbers are true or not. However, I KNOW there is a huge cost associated with illegal aliens. Our healthcare, schools, additional costs associated with printing in different languages... and one I hadn't thought of as a cost but as an irritant --- how much does it cost businesses to add translations on their phones when you call? There is a cost for the time if nothing else. And what about re-designing packages to include multiple language directions? I suppose you can get nit-picky and take the side costs down to absurd levels, but it all does add up.
Here's the bottom line for me re: cost of war vs. cost of illegal aliens. Aw, do I even have to type it? Ain't it obvious? Let's tighten up the borders and start really working to take care of the problem with illegals.
Here's the email I received:
It's time we wake up. Listening to the Partisan 'politicals,' we have been hammered with the propaganda that it is the Iraq war and the war on terror that is bankrupting us. I hope the following 14 reasons are evidence enough that this is not the case. I have included the URL's for verification of all the following facts:
1. $11 Billion to $22 billion is spent on welfare to illegal aliens each year.http://tinyurl.com/zob77
2. $2.2 Billion dollars a year is spent on food assistance programs such as food stamps, WIC, and free school lunches for illegal aliens.http://www.cis.org/articles/2004/fiscalexec.html
3. $2.5 Billion dollars a year is spent on Medicaid for illegal aliens.http://www.cis.org/articles/2004/fiscalexec.html
4. $12 Billion dollars a year is spent on primary and secondary school education for children here illegally and they cannot speak a word of English!http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0604/01/ldt.0.html
5. $17 Billion dollars a year is spent for education for the American-born children of illegal aliens, known as anchor babies.http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0604/01/ldt.01.html
6. $3 Million Dollars a DAY is spent to incarcerate illegal aliens.http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0604/01/ldt.01.html
7. 30% percent of all Federal Prison inmates are illegal aliens.http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0604/01/ldt.01.html
8. $90 Billion Dollars a year is spent on illegal aliens for Welfare & social services by the American taxpayers.http://premium.cnn.com/TRANSCIPTS/0610/29/ldt.01.html
9. $200 Billion Dollars a year in suppressed American wages are caused by the illegal aliens.http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0604/01/ldt.01.html
10. The illegal aliens in the United States have a crime rate that's two and a half times that of white non-illegal aliens. In particular, their children, are going to make a huge additional crime problem in the US.
11. During the year of 2005 there were 4 to 10 MILLION illegal aliens that crossed our Southern Border also, as many as 19,500 illegal aliens from Terrorist Countries. Millions of pounds of drugs, cocaine, methamphetamine, heroine and marijuana, crossed into the U. S from the Southern border. Homeland Security Report:
12. The National Policy Institute, 'estimated that the total cost of mass deportation would be between $206 and $230 billion or an average cost of between $41 and $46 billion annually over a five year period.http://www.nationalpolicyinstitute.org/pdf/deportation.pdf
13. In 2006 illegal aliens sent home $45 BILLION in remittances back to their countries of origin.http://www.rense.com/general75/niht.htm
14. 'The Dark Side of Illegal Immigration: Nearly One Million Sex Crimes Committed by Illegal Immigrants In The United States '.http://www.drdsk.com/articleshtml
The total cost is a whopping $338.3 BILLION DOLLARS A YEAR
Maybe this is information that needs to be passed on until everyone has an opportunity to understand the facts of this matter.